HDFC ERGO Student Insurance
Student Suraksha – Student Overseas Travel Insurance
HDFC ERGO Student Suraksha – Student Overseas Travel Insurance is an inclusive travel insurance especially designed for students to safeguard their financial security in case of any emergency. This insurance plan will allow students to study abroad tension -free, whether they lose their passport/baggage or face any medical costs /emergency.
Why HDFC Student ERGO?
- Health check up is not required.
- 24 X 7 International Assistance.
- Comprehensive travel insurance for Indian students studying abroad.
- Age Limit – 16 to 35 Years.
- Worldwide cover for 30 days to 2 years No medical check-up.
- Accidental Death: Pays the family of the insured compensation in the case of loss of life in an accident.
- Permanent Disablement: Pays compensation if the insured is permanently disabled in an accident.
- Emergency Medical Expenses: Reimburses the insured for medical expenses incurred for an accident or an unexpected sickness.
- Emergency Dental Treatment: Reimburses the insured for emergency dental expenses incurred for an injury or acute pain.
- Loss of Passport: In the event that the passport belonging to the insured is lost, the insured is reimbursed the actual expenses incurred in obtaining a duplicate or fresh passport.
- Loss of Checked Baggage: If baggage, personal documents or personal effects are checked onto a common carrier, the insured is reimbursed the cost of replacement for any damaged or lost articles.
- Delay of Checked Baggage: Provides an amount for emergency purchases on account of delay in baggage.
- Personal Liability: Pays a benefit for damages that an insured person is legally liable for as the result of a lawsuit for property damage being brought against the insured person. Also pays a benefit for medical expenses that an insured person is legally liable for as the result of a law suit for an accident caused by the insured person resulting in bodily injury to another person.
- Bail Bond: Pays the bail amount for the insured on arrest or detention by police for a bail-able offence in the territory of travel.
- Study Interruption: Pays compensation in the event of interruption of study whilst abroad.
- Sponsor Protection: CPays tuition fees to the insured in the event of accidental death of insured’s sponsor.
- Compassionate Visit: Pays amount incurred to the insured in the event of compassionate Visit by one immediate family member.
- Psychological Coverage: Pays for treatment of mental and nervous disorders, including alcoholism and drug dependency.
- Treatment for Expectant Mothers: Pays for in-patient medical expenses related to pregnancy after a waiting period of 10 months.
- Screening and Examinations: Pays for cancer screening and mammographic examinations on recommendation from physician.
- Childcare Benefit: Pays for hospital cash benefits of childcare.
The company shall not be liable to pay any benefit to the Insured caused due to:
- Any Medical Expenses incurred when the specific purpose of a journey is to receive medical treatment or advice.
- Any Medical Expenses incurred, the need of which arises out of a Pre-existing Conditions.
- Any Medical Expenses incurred within the territorial limits that are not stated in the schedule.
- Exclusions Applicable to Bodily Injury or Sickness:
- Occasioned by Civil War or Foreign War.
- Caused or provoked intentionally by the Insured.
- Due to willful or deliberate exposure to danger, (except in an attempt to save human life), intentional self-inflicted injury, suicide or attempt threat, or arising out of non-adherence to medical advice.
- Sustained or suffered whilst the Insured is or as a result of the Insured being under the influence of alcohol or drugs or narcotics unless professionally administered by a Physician or unless professionally prescribed by and taken in accordance with the directions of a Physician.
- Due to a gradually operating cause.
- Sustained whilst or as a result of participating in any sport as a professional player.
- Sustained whilst or as a result of participating in any competition involving the utilisation of a motorised land, water or air vehicle.
- Whilst the Insured is travelling by air other than as a fare paying passenger on an aircraft registered to an Airline Company for the transport of paying passengers on regular and published Scheduled routes.
- Whilst or as a result of participating or committing or attempting to commit a breach of law with criminal intent.
- Caused by or arising from the conditions commonly known as Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome (AIDS) or Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) and/or any related illness or condition including derivatives or variations thereof howsoever acquired or caused.
- Caused by or arising from or due to venereal or venereal related disease.
- Sustained whilst or as a result of engaging in, practising for or taking part in training peculiar to any kind of violent labour disturbance, riot or civil commotion or public disorder.
- Sustained whilst on service or on duty with or undergoing training with any military or police force, or militia or paramilitary organisation, notwithstanding that the Bodily Injury occurred whilst the Insured was on leave or not in uniform.
- For treatments for nervous or mental problems, whatever their classification, psychiatric or psychotic conditions, depression of any kind, or mental insanity.
- Any pathological fracture.
- For cures of any kind and all stay in long term care institutions (retirement homes, convalescence centres, centres of detoxification, etc.).
- For investigations, operations or treatment of a purely cosmetic nature; or for obesity; or undertaken to facilitate pregnancy or to cure impotence or to improve potency.
- For Bodily Injury sustained whilst or as a result of active participation in any hazardous sport such as parachuting, hang-gliding, parasailing, off-piste skiing or bungee jumping, skiing, jet skiing, paragliding, parachuting and racing of any type.
- Nuclear Energy risks.
- Injury caused by surgery.
Please refer policy wordings
for complete details.