HDFC ERGO Travel Insurance
HDFC ERGO Travel Insurance will cover you against any medical or non medical expenses.
Why HDFC ERGO?
- Upto the age of 70 years there is no medicals.
- Optimum Coverage at Low Costs.
- There are four comprehensive plans, which made to suit your requirements.
- Online purchase.
Who can be covered?
- From 6 months to 70 years are covered under this plan.
- Insured above the age of 70 years are to submit the medical reports irrespective of trip band.
- Foreign nationals employed in India and earning salary in Indian Rupees.
- Foreign nationals domiciled in India (Subject to verification of Ration card & IT Return).
- Excluding certain diseases children between 6 months and 5 years are covered.
- Single Trip (Including and Excluding USA and Canada): 6 months to 70 years.
- Sum Insured: $200,000/ $100,000 /$50,000 / $30,000
- Annual Multi Trip (Worldwide): 18 years to 70 years.
- Single Trip Asia (Excluding Japan): 6 months to 70 years.
Family floater (Excluding USA and Canada): Sum Insured ($50,000)
- Sum Insured: $30,000 / $15,000
- Self : Upto the age of 60 yrs.
- Spouse : Upto the age of 60 yrs.
- Child : Max 2 from 3 months upto the age of 21 yrs.
- Emergency Medical Expenses: Covers medical costs incurred due to illness or accident including medically necessary and prescribed emergency evacuation. It covers outpatient, in-patient, medical aid, therapies and diagnostic tests which are described in the policy brochure.
- Emergency Medical Evacuation: Evacuation to the home country is covered up to the medical sum insured chosen.
- Repatriation of remains: Covers the funeral expenses or expenses of repatriating the remains back to India, in case of death of the insured overseas.
- Emergency Dental Expenses: Covers acute anesthetic treatment of natural teeth.
- Hospital Cash: Pays a daily allowance as stated in the policy schedule in the event of hospitalization either due to sickness or accidents.
- Accidental Death and Permanent Total Disability Common Carrier: The company will pay the sum insured specified in the schedule in addition to the sum insured specified under the Personal Accident section, if the insured sustains Accidental Bodily Injury during the course of the journey while travelling in a common carrier such as rail, bus, tram, or aircraft; and such bodily injury results in death or permanent total disability.
- Personal accident: Compensation paid in case of death or permanent total disability caused due to an accident.
- Flight delay: Compensation if the aircraft is delayed for more than 12 hours than the original scheduled departure time.
- Loss of Passport: Expenses incurred in obtaining a fresh or new passport.
- Loss of Checked Baggage: Compensation for the permanent loss of checked-in baggage.
- Delay of Checked Baggage: Compensation for reasonable expenses incurred for the purchase of toiletries, clothing and medication due to delay of checked-in baggage for more than 12 hours.
- Personal Liability: Compensation of damages to be paid to a third party, resulting from death, injury or damage to health or property caused involuntarily by the insured.
- Financial Emergency Assistance: Insurance cover is provided in the event of the Insured Person getting into a financial emergency due to theft, pilferage, robbery or dacoity of his/her travel funds. A fixed sum is paid as emergency assistance up to the limits specified under the Policy.
- Hotel Accommodation: Pays for the cost of hotel accommodation, if the Insured Person sustains Bodily Injury or Sickness which directly and independently of all other causes results in a hospital stay as an in-patient and misses his/her flight back to the country of residence.
- Hijack Distress Allowance: Insurance cover is provided in the event of the hijack of the air or sea common carrier in which the Insured Person is traveling whilst on the trip abroad during the Period of Insurance. An allowance will be paid for each day of the hijack up to the limits specified under the Policy.
The company shall not be liable to pay any benefit to the Insured caused due to:
- Civil War or Foreign War.
- Self Inflicted Injury, Suicide.
- Non adherence to medical advice.
- Participation in any Sport as a Professional Player.
- Participation in any Criminal Act.
- AIDS or HIV.
- Treatment of Nervous and Mental Problems.
- Participating in hazardous sports like parachuting, hang gliding, bungee jumping etc.
- Under influence of Liquor, Drugs or Narcotics (Unless advised/administered by a physician).
What it covers?
HDFC ERGO travel insurance policy provides you with the necessary emergency medical expenses. Apart from these expenses, a travel health insurance plan covers:
- Emergency Medical Evacuation.
- Repatriation of remains.
- Emergency Dental Expenses.
- Hospital cash, etc.
Please refer policy wordings
for complete details.