Most insurers offer plans that can be have Sum Insureds ranging from Rs. 5 lacs upto Rs. 1 crore.As an Add-on, you can also take an Accidental Weekly Benefit* upto Rs. 10,000.
Most Personal Accident policies are designed for your convenience - you can pick and choose benefits best suited to you and your family. You can choose the Sum Insured against all the available options. You can also choose between having a Personal policy or a Family policy.
If the policy is renewed, the sum(s) assured increases by 5% each year, up to 25%. For example, if you take one unit of Rs. 10,00,000 and renew the policy for the next year, your insured amount becomes Rs. 10,50,000 for the same premium.
Convenient options to choose:
Self Option where you insure yourself for Accidental Death & Dismemberment, or Accidental Death & Dismemberment along with Permanent Total Loss of use. Family Option where, you can also insure your family for Accidental Death & Dismemberment, or Accidental Death & Dismemberment along with Permanent Total Loss of use.
The insured will have 15 days to evaluate their policy and in case of any disagreement, can get it cancelled and the premium will be refunded.
The insured gets a grace period of 30 days to renew your policy, however coverage would not be available for these 30 days.
Additional Features (with Family Option)
- Education allowance: In case of Accidental Death, 10 percent of the principal sum assured is paid towards the insureds’ children's education benefit.
- Repatriation of remains: A fixed amount will also be reimbursed for the repatriation of the insured person's remains.
- Modification allowance: In case of Permanent Total Disability or Dismemberment, an amount depending on the chosen Sum Insured, will be reimbursed towards the cost of modifying the insured’s house or vehicle, to combat Disability.
- Double Dismemberment benefit for children: For the insured’s children who are automatically insured, Dismemberment benefit doubles.
- Family transportation: If, due to an accident, the principal insured is confined to a hospital outside 150 kms of his residence, the insurer will reimburse, a fixed amount towards the actual transportation expenses incurred by an immediate family member to reach the insured person.