1. I have a health insurance policy covered by my office; will it cover me for my overseas holiday?
Your domestic health insurance will not cover once you are out of your home country. You need to have overseas health insurance while travelling abroad. You have to check with your company regarding this and then act accordingly.
2. What if I cancel the policy?
On cancellation the cover will not exist from the date of cancellation. Also as elaborated in your policy, the premium will be refunded to you on the basis of short period cancellation rate.
3. How many times can I file a claim?
There is no restriction for repetitive claims for hospitalization including its pre and post expenses provided the coverage amount is available.
4. Are there any bonuses available in the event of no claims?
Normally insurers offer no claim bonus in the form of enhanced sum insured.
5. I bought health insurance in Delhi can I use it in Mumbai?
Yes, you can use domestic health insurance policy across the country, no matter where you bought it.
6. How can I buy the policy?
One can buy the policy online using the credit/debit card or we can send an executive to your convenient place and you can sign up filling the proposal form and providing a cheque payable to the insurance company only. Note: Please do not pay the premium by cash.
7. What is co-payment?
Co-pay is that part of your hospital bill amount, which you have to bear for applicants over 60 years. Co-pay can be up-to 20-30%